An AARP survey of Granite Staters 50 and older shows that work plans at traditional retirement age are changing and only 10% say they are going to retire and never return to work. So we know many people are going to work into their retirement years and some by turning their hobby into a money-making business.
CWBA has teamed up with AARP, SBA, and SCORE in organizing a Make Your Hobby a Business workshop.
Industry leaders will walk participants through the steps necessary in thinking about making a hobby into a business, including:
• Is your product or service marketable?
• How do you move beyond a fun pastime to a serious endeavor?
• What are the critical steps in building your business?
• Which on-line presence is best for you?
• What are the free resources available in New Hampshire to help you along the way. (These include SBA, SCORE, New Hampshire Small Business Development Center, and Center for Women’s Business Advancement.)
Events are free and open to the public. Space is limited so early registration is required. Participants do not need to be an AARP member.
Registration is now closed as we have reached maximum capacity.